The Highway Sign Installer is responsible for creating and installing roadway signs, preparing, repairing and install traffic signs and marking pavements on highways, bridges, bicycle paths and other roadways.
Essential Job Functions:
Includes, but is not limited to, the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary by management personnel to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to read and interpret plans, drawings and specifications
• Transportation of materials, tools and equipment to/from installation sites
• Cut materials to specified sizes for installation by use of power tools
• Assemble and install signs adjacent to high-volume roadways using pneumatic tools and equipment ensuring that signs are placed in proper locations
• Ability to drive a vehicle properly and safely
• Ability to operate tools properly and safely
• Ability to safely lift, move, or carry objects weighing 50 lbs.
• This position requires a valid and clean drivers’ license
• Highway Sign assembly and installation experience preferred
• 3-5 years of highway sign installation or related industry experience
• MOT Advanced certification
• If approved driver, valid license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
• Pass initial drug screening & background check
• Maintain company standards post-employment for background checks, criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing
• Capable of repeated physical effort including driving for many hours per day and/or several hours at a time, standing and walking for extended periods of time, walking on varying ground surfaces, frequently lifting a minimum of 50 pounds, ability to work from elevated platforms, ladders or truck beds, and comfortable around vehicles moving through work zones
• Ability to operate hand/power tools, manual dexterity to operate keyboards and smart phones, physical agility to use arms, legs and hands repetitively
• Maintain constant awareness of surroundings on construction site including placement of machinery and equipment, other employees and construction activities
• Vision adequate to see moving vehicles, read highway construction MOT signs, read instructions, manuals, reports, and construction plans
• Hearing adequate to hear approaching vehicles, audible commands at a distance, conversations in person, and over the telephone
• Ability to work safely outdoors and under adverse environmental conditions which include high speed traffic areas, heavy construction equipment, fuel fumes, construction substances and all weather conditions
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include changing work schedule and overtime which may include night shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Capable of working individually and as a team with other employees, communicate clearly both written and verbally
Equal Opportunity Employer. E-verify. Drug-Free.
Acme Barricades is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug-Free Workplace and uses E-Verify to confirm U.S. Work Authorization Status. Our company is committed to equal opportunity employment for females, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We welcome diversity and encourage applicants regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Under our Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.