Traffic control and maintenance of traffic refer to the use of signs and devices to guide vehicles through the work zones, to improve safety and efficiency on the roads. Proper traffic control measures are extremely important in today’s society. Seeing as the average person typically travels from one place to another every day for a number of reasons, it is safe to say that high-quality traffic control systems are necessary to prevent accidents and collisions on the road.
At Acme Barricades, we are always looking for dedicated, goal-oriented individuals to join our team. In addition to our attractive compensation and benefits programs, we also provide professional mentorship and continuing career training for our employees. Read to learn more about our traffic control jobs in Florida:
Maintenance of Traffic Associate
The Acme team is actively seeking a qualified Maintenance of Traffic Associate in the following Florida and Alabama locations:
As a Maintenance of Traffic Associate, you will be responsible for performing temporary traffic control operations in order to maintain traffic on a roadway construction project in a manner that protects the public and keeps traffic flowing efficiently within specified work zones. Along with performing a plethora of tasks related to highway maintenance, you will also adhere to all federal, state and local regulations, company policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in traffic control operations and will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Set-up and maintain traffic control devices, installation and service work-zone signs, and lights
- Set up and maintain assigned Maintenance of Traffic activity including and detours and lane closures
- Coordinate services with the on-site client representative or officials
- Load and unload equipment into and out of company trucks
- Deliver / Pick-up equipment from customer jobsites
- Coordinate activities to ensure compliance with MOT guidelines
- Make recommendations on existing conditions to coordinate procedures for traffic maintenance activities
- Complete daily paperwork and reports as required by supervisor
- If approved driver, may operate a company vehicle
The Benefits of Traffic Control
Traffic control provides a number of benefits to the public, especially when there is construction being done on busy roads. A few of the main benefits of traffic control include:
- Ensures safety of drivers, passengers and pedestrians – Probably the most important benefit of traffic control is safety. If there are construction projects on the road, it is crucial to have a source of clear direction to prevent accidents.
- Organizes traffic movement and order – If a project is occurring near an intersection, it is important to ensure the movement of traffic is directed safely and efficiently.
- Reduces speed of vehicles – When a construction project is going on, there are likely going to be many workers and obstacles near and around the site. Good traffic control will provide drivers with ample warning about slowing down before entering the work zone.
Apply for a Traffic Control Job with Acme Barricades
Acme Barricades sets the standard for highway safety and traffic control services in Florida. For over 22 years, our team has provided the best-in-class Temporary Traffic Control and Maintenance of Traffic products and services in the state. Acme has and continues to play a key role in keeping people safe on the roads and ultimately enhancing their everyday lives. If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to visit our website and learn more about the traffic control job opportunities available.
- Help build our Nation’s infrastructure for the future
- Protect works in work zones and traveling public
- Work in an exciting, fast paced environment
- A job with purpose